THIS COURSE WILL TEACH YOU TO:
- DEVELOP interactive seminars using chat, video and mini/breakout rooms
- CREATE pre-recorded lectures with the tools you already have
- IMPLEMENT on a variety of icebreakers to get people energized and talking
- APPLY tool belt of interaction techniques to keep people engaged
- USE other services (i.e. google forms) to keep learners interacting with you and each other
- BECOME a dynamic online communicator
WHY THIS COURSE?
What's the difference between teaching/presenting online and teaching/presenting in person? It's probably not what you're thinking... The answer is: online we don't have to be polite. You see in an in-person classroom even if we feel there is:
- no value in the lecture
- it's boring
- it’s not engaging
because there are other people in the room we have to be polite and pretend that we are listening. In the same class online, however, we could just turn off your camera and microphone, watch YouTube and still "be in" the class. We could keep our camera on and check email and no one would never know. This is not just a harsh truth but more importantly it is also the future.
I’m on a mission to end boring; when we are presenting online and in our virtual classrooms and meetings.
I designed this course to make our online communication and presentations much more:
- dare I say it fun
My goal is to teach you practical and simple tactics that can make you a much more engaging person online, no matter the subject, when you are communicating online. Virtual communication, remote delivery, online training, etc... Whatever you want to call it, is going to be an increasing part of the way we communicate whether we like it or not. So why not be awesome at it?
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Anyone who has to speak or present virtually on zoom, Microsoft teams, etc
- Anyone who runs and participates in regular meetings online
- Teachers who are teaching virtually
- Speakers and trainers who want to create interaction in online workshops
- Students & researchers who need to present remotely